My experiences: Vaaranam Aayiram Ultimate Review

My experiences

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Vaaranam Aayiram Ultimate Review

Its ultimate review, cos you will know why ... read on !!
The movie is worth watching, not just for the father son relation, but to see the nuances of the love between Surya and Sameera Reddy.
I could only say, Gautham - the director, could have said lot lot more... I know its a commercial movie. But a beautiful story showing father son relationship "will will will" be lot more. Almost every father does that kind of care, almost every son also falls in love and fails, goes to drink, smoke and late night wandering. I have done that. But my memories with my father if I want to mention are more. I know for sure, since my father passed recently and what all memories came to me and in what sequence. That good sequence is missing in the movie.
Why did the first love is killed, it was shown beautifully!!! I could not accept it. Gautam is excellent we all know showing love scenes.
Surya's dad says in the first, when he is born, that my son should be lucky, because he is my son. Gautam would have better said, how the to be lost love was got with by his father's , love and blessings. Would not that be great!! By killing S.Reddy and second love with Divya, it just shows yet another movie. A lot of things had been shown, too much confusing and condensing. First love, second love, love failure, drugs, wandering. Gautam did not show how his father helped his son to get back from drugs. Am not sure if the theatre where i saw delibrately cut the scene. I am sure it should not be. Cos Gautam in an interview said, he had taken responsibility and had sent the editing teams to precisely cut where they wanted to.
When I was around 12 years, I have watched a movie by name "Veedu", a documentary movie to say straight forward. The same movie could be taken commercially also, but somehow that movie was the one it is. At 12 years of age, I hated that movie like anything. I would do anything from my father and mom watching the movie. Such a boring thing you know. But after 18 years, the movie still lingers in me. Its all experiences, in that movie, real real life experience. This movie for sure is not going to give the feel of the father-son relation in another year. If Gautam's intention was to show his love to his father, I would have suggested leave commercial things, if you wanted to see this movie stand the test of time, go create the best avoiding the unnecessary parts.

Editing sucks!! I could see lot of disconnect. The screenplay not great, especially, I wonder why Surya joined the army, 6 pack etc. Idhu edhuvume illama azhaga solli irukalam. All commercial.
One thing about music, is scintillating. Haris has done his best for the movie. All the songs are ultimate except the "Anjala" song. Needless to be in this movie. I know this is commercial. But i fail to understand how a single such song adds worthy money to the box office.
The song, "Nenjukul peidhidum ma mazhai.." awesome, Haris its lovely dude. I thought no one can do Illayaraja music again, but this song proved. Haris thanks for the great music. The guitar is not used much by all. But most of the songs in this movie, used beautiful Guitar sounds. Appreciate it. Every day minute it lingers in my mind.
And many know this movie is the last with Gautam-Haris combination. I really feel bad. I guess one reason where they would have got issues. Gautam wanted lot of Illayaraja and the Micheal Jackson effect in the "Machi machi .." song. I guess there.
One beautiful thing, I would say (if right) Gautam has showed where he is giving the music is A.R.Rehman. Did you notice the train scene, where Surya and S.Reddy meet first time? Did you note Surya after playing his guitar, where he put the tickle? He carefully had put into the small pocket of his jeans, which spelled "Maestro". I dont think that's coincidence. Thats absolute beautiful direction, for Gautam had said his thoughts.
Surya's acting is good. His effors well appreciated.
In short: Gautam did not show the love between dad and son as much as he showed the love between Surya and Sameera Reddy. Lot of things would be avoided to be a clean movie. Songs too good. Worth watching once, unlike Minnale, I watched around 3 times in theatre.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home