My experiences: Rich can buy more than one car, but Nano should be stopped ?!

My experiences

Friday, November 21, 2008

Rich can buy more than one car, but Nano should be stopped ?!

This post should have been typed 2 months ago... but rather could not find the time to blog.

I read in papers and viewed news in TV about protests to stop Tata's Nano project. Few of the people argued that the already crowded roads in Bangalore/Chennai and other metros will become more crowded and worse. I agree on that. But ... wait on ...

The same day I read in a newspaper, the automobile section of it, a rich (why you will know 1) person has asked which of the cars he should buy. His question more or less was...

"I need to buy 3 cars, one for my daughter and other two for me. Would prefer to buy two cars with a budget of 15-18 lacs. I would use one for commuting to office and the other on vacations and weekends, where I would be travelling a long distance. Advice me for the options to choose".

The answer was to buy Maruti 800 for his daughter. Buy a Hyundai i10 Petrol for him for office and a Chevy Optra Diesel for long drives.

(1 I assume only rich people can go for such a budget and 3 cars and relatively the fuel for 3 cars too) When rich can go for such a comfort and enjoy plesure why should you rather stop the project which is going to help poor people own cars and go atleast have a way to travel with family if not luxury. Definitely, drive on Nano will be equal to driving a Piaggio Ape.

When a family can buy 3 cars and crowd the roads why should you and me not buy a Nano?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home