My experiences: A day to office

My experiences

Friday, November 21, 2008

A day to office

I should agree most of them who drive in Bangalore ... "if you reach home that day, it means you have been blessed".

Yea ... everyday mostly the same kind of chaos and inorder while commuting. And getting really pissed off by the careless drivers.

I start at 9 to office, usually the problem starts close to my home itself ... careless people walking on the roads spit to their right (why the hell they don't do it to their left when they walk on the left side of the road!!). Oh someone spits on my foot (i wear slipper), what to say about these idiots, I have to get back home and wash my foot and get back to office, this time bit more tensed and careful.

It once happened, in Chennai a lady spit her chewed up pan on me and my father from the metropolitan bus, while we were on the bike and the worst part is, the lady fisherman community said "what bothers shut and go!" very cheap people. It had happened to me in Bangalore too, but a different version. I wish people stop fighting that they are Kannadigas and Tamilians rather than educating ourselves to be human. Cheap people are there in Bangalore and in Chennai as much as there are Good people.

Then I ply to the "main" road to my office, fortunately we cant drive fast, we dont even know where the pot holes are, new ones made every now and then...

Oooof ... an autowala drives on the wrong side of the road, to avoid extra trip he has to make to take a right turn at the median.

The lorries and cars parked on both sides of the road, usually the cement lorries that are parked on by the side of the road, which occupies around 50% of the road. Luckily, the chaos theory will work perfect, and we can find an auto, bike, tracktor or anything coming on the wrong side trying to move to the other 50% of the road to avoid collision with the vehicle parked on the road.

Oh, oh, oh ... my God luckily escaped this time and it was a turning and i could not even see this vehicle coming...

Sometimes more fortunate i am, the same situation as above, a call centre Sumo or Tavera would speed up and tring to overtake me ... what do I do now? Should I brake or move right or move left! There is a pot hole too ... the cement lorry which just went before has left lot of cement dust and has raised the dirt from the road...

Oh lucky that I escaped today also and reached to office. Thank God! But not always and not for all. Every day I could see atleast 1-2 accidents, 20% of it is fatal. And also I have to go through the same process way back home.

Remember Indian movie, where the sick unable to stand driver manages to get license renewed by bribing the RTO... and Kamal saying, "If you got the license how many of them need to be put rice to their mouth" (typical Desi style)

Will this situation change our India is the big '?'

Please feel free to share your views and experiences by commenting ... atleast I would feel that others also have such bad experiences, rather to find if am paranoid.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Prathi, at 8:57 AM  

  • Hi,
    I think ur bothered too much about the things around you. the happenings around u are not good or pleasurable.of course not. But my opinion is just cope with it. i come across these too, daily, same as u do.
    But after a certain time period i got to realize that when i'm bothered about it much (early mornin 8.30, its cruel)I miss all that is lively around me.
    And the more I’m commenting about them the worst habit of criticizing other people is what i was cultivating in me. So, when something bothers me i would just move away from that place or change the topic or do something unrelated to that.

    Sorry for the "philosophical values"(boring! ah!).Its just like meditating. You'll have complete control of yourself and the situation around you.
    Finally, u must understand that everyone have their own principles, motives and their own reasons. just watch what's happening around you. just watch it. because u r not going to be here for more than 65 yrs of age and u no need to change anything or anyone.(if u live longer than that it means u need a change in yourself).

    By Blogger Prathi, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home