My experiences: Art of Living (AOL) - Sri Sri Ravishankar

My experiences

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Art of Living (AOL) - Sri Sri Ravishankar

It was a worst week .. suffering from severe cold .. taking cold pills after every meal .. the climate change in Bangalore .. Bangalore is really coo..oool during Dec .. Jan ..
Observing me taking lot of tablets .. my peers adviced to take up a breathing class at AOL, which as said by one of my friend .. "I had severe Sinusitis which got reduced to nearly 80 % after taking up the Art of Living (AOL as it is called) class .. ".
At a time of Saint controversies i began to ask ".. does it work .. is he genuine .. etc." My friend just replied as plain vanilla, " what he is going to do .. he is only teaching you Yoga, Meditation and Pranayama .." and said ".. you have to trust first." shutting my mouth !
I should accept I got interested much to take up a class after many said its good .. and the articles that appeared in TOI(Times Of India) about the AOL classes ...
Even companies like IBM, Intel, Infosys .. enrol their employees to take up AOL classes or classes by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi which is a Transcendental Meditation program.
Now the wheel of life has come to a full spin .. people running for Spirituality .. seeking to calm their mind.. AOL's speciality is "Sudharshan Chakra" which is a kind of breathing formulated by Sri Sri ..
Contrary to this, a TOI and The Hindu review says that the Standard of living in India has sharply increased .. with people buying mid segment cars than ever before .. buying houses investing approx. 30-50 lacs (for a 3/2 BR flat)
Is the standard really increasing or, are the people loosing their peace, calm and happpiness compromising for monetary possessions ..
I dont have either of assests .. yet its time to turn to spirituality .. i ve enrolled for AOL's introductory class .. will update on it as i take it up..

1 Comments:

  • I did the AOL course 10 years ago and still do the kriya and pranayam on a daily basis---best thing since I dropped religion.
    Keep at it !
    JGD !

    By Blogger sangham, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home